Three people taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital after being overcome by fumes from shipping container at Churchill Rd, Kilburn

The Advertiser

THREE people have been taken to hospital after being “overcome” by fumes from a shipping container at Kilburn.Firefighters and paramedics were called to Churchill Rd, Kilburn, after the trio were overcome by fumes about 9.30am.

An SA Ambulance spokeswoman said one man in his 30s and two other people were taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital but all were in a non-serious, stable condition.

 A Metropolitan Fire Service spokeswoman said the area had been evacuated as a precaution, while the cause and nature of the fumes was investigated.

“The container was fumigated yesterday and when they opened it up this morning they were overcome by the fumes,” she said.

Atmospheric monitoring equipment is being used to test the fumes.